The season got off to a great start last night (at least for me and Kent) as the Colts banged the Saints 41-10. Brees looked pretty horrific, but I think it was an aberration more so than the beginning of a trend. Bush and McAllister looked overwhelmed as well, but again, I don't think this is something that will be on display throughout the season. Week 1 is always the most unpredictable week there is because our projections for the upcoming season are always unfounded and inaccurate and because there is a lot of rust still being worked off by the teams. Not until Week 4 can you really get an idea of how a team is going to perform for the remainder of the season and even then, it's still too early to get a good read on things.
I am reluctant to start trading this early into the season because of the likelihood of that one early trade affecting the outcome of your entire season (obviously, if it's stars you're trading and not scrubs like Matt Jones for Iqbal Johnson). Consider my 2004 trade of #1 overall Priest Holmes for Edgerrin James and Tony Gonzalez minutes after the draft. Holmes' season ended after week 8 (what I had feared all along and that's why traded him away so swiftly) so I may have lucked out there, however, in those 8 games, he managed to pretty much outdo what Edge and Gonzo took the whole season to do. In Edge's defense, that was Manning's historic 49 TD season, and he still managed to get 12 Tds out of it. Anyway, if I had waited til week 3-4 and then traded Holmes while he was putting up nutty numbers, not only would I have successfully moved my injury proned TD monster, but I would have been able to garner higher returns than the Edge-Gonzo twosome. The lesson as always: Fantasy is unpredictable and that's why we love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment